Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Theology of the Body: Revisiting

I finally finished up Christopher West's Theology of the Body, Into the Heart, CD series. I can't help but be different. It is like when you burn your finger. Sure you get that you touched something hot, but until you examine the details that compose how the body works you just don't reach the depths and appreciate all that goes into the body's protective, healing and notification system... And it is more than having a deeper understanding and appreciation, there is something that is going on within me that I can't explain. I am changing.

Ever dream of going on a treasure hunt? This is kind of like that. My best friend asked if I wanted to listen to the Cd's, like being given a map. The more I listened and questioned and was open the more I journey to and discovered the treasures. They may not be golden coins and pearl necklaces, but it is far better. The treasure I am finding is indescribable... and beautiful. And yes, at times the journey to the treasure, maybe more of to receive the treasure, has been painful too. But more than worth it. I can't be the same person I was, that person is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment