Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

This Month's Theme: Transformation

Oh and last month's was "Love as Christ Loved." Funny how things work huh? Last month truly was about letting Christ's love pour through me so that I could love others a little more like He does. The Love Project began last month, I've been learning how to "speak" clearer the love languages of other people, and so much more. I've learned that loving some people means doing what is absolutely best for you and them, and it meant saying goodbye, for now, to one dear person in particular. My eyes are being opened up to the immensity of God's love for me. I still cannot express these things well.



And now this month is about Transformation. Like I said originally in Trusting, I wrote out my calendar a while back, using words and phrases I liked. Words like, hope, faith, love, create, inspire, imagine, and happiness were used. And somehow these words, one per month, have come to define that month. A few have phrases that also define the theme of those months. I did not plan on this, it is just happening and I am thankful for it.

Back to this month's theme of Transformation. Last month set the stage for July. My journey into studying the Theology of the Body started in June and goes far deeper this month as I wade my through Man and Woman He Created Them: A Theology of the Body by John Paul II. This study is changing me in ways I just am unable to articulate right now. In taking the opportunities that have already arisen to talk about God I have learned and gained much, my heart is changing and my mindset is moving. And on top of all that my friend, Coren, and I are planning on meeting once a week to talk and share about what God is doing in our lives. She's pretty awesome and I already have experienced much change since we've started meeting!

There is much in me that needs to be transformed. I realize the more that I share God, the more I have Him. When I talk about Him with others there is this joy, excitement and uncontainable energy that flows in me. He loves it when I talk about Him with others. Funny how that is isn't it? Christianity is full of oddities like that. The more you give Him away the more you have of Him. You have to die to live, you have to sell everything to gain everything. Those who keep their lives lose life. And that's just the beginning, and it is wonderful! Oh that everyone would open up to Him and love Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment