Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

All Around Me

Are people pursuing their goals, ambitions, and dreams for their lives. My dear friend Caylin has this brilliant idea to make a clothing line for women, especially younger women, of modern, beautiful and yet modest dresses. She has all the resources to get going and loads of connections. Right now is all about building up her design and sewing skills and getting the details together. It was inspiring to hear about her dream for her company and see the passion she has about it. I could also pick up on the fact her obstacles seem like mountains in front of her. Those problems seemed like fairly easy fixes to me: take a sewing/clothing design course or two, practice making samples, and create a budget to save money. (Can you believe those are her only obstacles?)

Normally in this kind of situation where I'm made more aware of other people's passions, dreams and career pursuits I get a little jealous. I've always been the girl who has a plan, a direction, and specific goals. During my last year or two in college that all changed. Before it was all about going to college and making it through with great grades and a diploma in my hand. As soon as I realized I was going to graduate it became apparent to me that I didn't have a plan for after school. I had, and still have, no real idea of what I want to do. Yet that drive in me to achieve, to succeed, to do well, to do better than just well is still a part of me. I went from being the girl who always had a plan to the young women who doesn't even have an IDEA for a plan.

I used to long to have something I really want to do; now, at least right now, I have peace. I'm excited for my lovely friend and I know that she can do these things if she continues to persevere. Me? I'm where I am supposed to be for this moment. Right now I'm just learning to be faithful with what I have, with what God has given me. And to be patient. That's a big one, patience. So I'm painting some, drawing a bit, writing, and going to work. I meet up with friends. I pray, I pray a lot. The Bible is read and new things are attempted. And someday very soon things will get a little more exciting around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment