Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Standing On The Edge

And facing the choice to pursue a career opportunity or not. You ever have the option to go down a path that is great in many ways but you just know that it isn't where you should be going? Stephanie is back from South Korea and what she shared made me think even more deeply about possibly doing a similar move. I wrote out reasons why I should or shouldn't go... but then God interrupted!

Here are reasons to be open to the possibility of going:
  1. They pay for my airfare to and from the States
  2. They pay for my apartment
  3. Being paid an additional $2000+ a month
  4. Having meaningful work again
  5. Being independent
  6. Living outside of my comfort zone
  7. Experiencing new things
  8. Learning about a different culture
  9. Easier to travel to nearby countries
  10. Leaving the job I hate
  11. Not being a burden to my family
 Reasons to stay:
  1. My family is here (that's not really a reason to stay....oops)
  2. I can't really think of anything else....(doesn't this mean I should pursue the opportunity?) 
I must be crazy not to be all excited about this possibility... What is wrong with me?

NOTHING. Nothing is wrong with me. I just forgot for a moment that God is leading me. He's going to take me wherever He wants me to go. And there is a VERY BIG reason why I don't want to go, God isn't leading me to move there. I can't explain it other than God has me where He wants me and right now I'm learning to be patient and yes, faithful with what I have (though I think I'm failing on this part).

One of my friends posted this today. It's Kim Walker a worship leader for Bethel Church in Redding, CA. It was exactly what I was supposed to hear... God is good! God is taking care of me. As soon as I watched this clip I realized just why I wasn't excited about the opportunity. It is an AMAZING possibility and it is where many other people should be and go. God is leading me in the path He is making for me and I am going to follow Him, wherever He leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment