Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

All At Once!

This morning was bright and clear when my former co-worker and lovely friend texted me, "Would you be interested in a job?" YES! Turns out my friend's mom is an HR rep for several private businesses, one of which is an adult care home. My friend noticing her mom's distress at finding the right person suggested me! So come tomorrow at 5pm I have an interview! But the day just gets better!

The final part needed for my truck came and I went to put it in- sadly, it's just barely too small! (This is the ONLY negative thing all day!) My best friend and I smoothed over an argument we had yesterday and had a great conversation over the phone. It was another gorgeous day here in the Pacific Northwest! And to top it off, I just got off the phone with my friend Allison.

Allison's husband finally got his dream job! While they were thinking the job would mean relocating to possibly Texas or the Midwest, they found out it means moving to Hawaii! So her husband is at their new home preparing things while Allison gets herself and their four kids ready to move. Now, while I'm sad to see such a great friend move, I'm excited for the changes for them. Also Allison is a nanny for two little boys four days a week. She is recommending me for the position! While this may be boring to some, I love working with kids- it means being creative, colorful, active, playful and everyone is always learning! So there's two possible jobs on the horizon for me, both of which I didn't even look for! (Talk about ironic, I've been job searching for months now!)

But as Allison is looking to move quickly, she is also selling her car. And guess what? It looks like I'm going to be able to get it! Considering I have a 1980 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pick-up Truck, this little baby is like gold! I'm so excited! I pretty much have at least one job and a practically new car. ALL IN THE SAME DAY! (Can I use more exclamation points please? Ummmm I think I can!)

So to review:
yesterday- no job and no job outlooks, non-working truck, argument with bestie leaving me feeling miserable
today- two job opportunities including an immediate interview, made up with bestie and had great convo, gonna possibly get a nearly new car!

So yes, it's as if everything is happening at once and in the best way possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment