Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Update!

It's been a while, I know! but I promise I have several illustrations/paintings to post really soon! Sorry about not keeping up with posting regularly. Things have been pretty dang busy. My truck's engine basically blew up, and no, I am NOT joking. I finished up my training class to become a Certified Nurses Assistant this last week and will be taking my state exam this Friday! (Both excited and terrified at the same time.) Also been party planning for several birthday celebrations. Did I mention preparing for Halloween?

To be honest, I'm not a fan of Halloween. Actually of ALL the holidays Halloween is my least favorite. I do not like dark, scary or evil things at all. And here in the US, Halloween seems to be all about dark scary things and watching movies that tend to focus on the evil. I don't like it. However I do like creating costumes! That is tons of fun! My best friend's little boy is a huge fan of superheros so we made him a Captain America costume. It has to be one of the coolest things I have ever sown. Actually considering how little I have sewn anything, it is the coolest thing by default. My best friend made a shield that I painted with spray paint, which is surprisingly more difficult than I expected. I created a Captain America T-Shirt and seriously contemplated making a larger one for some other people ahem...me, and lots more. The little boy LOVED it! Heck, I loved it! We are planning on making more costumes for the fella. It is just as fun for him to play in as it is for us to design and make.

I am also working on painting portraits of my family members from when they were little kids. There are five brothers and a sister-in-law plus my dad and mom. So there will be plenty of work to do for a while. I am hoping to have them finished by Christmas and make prints of them to give to everyone. Or for at least my parents. We will see.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment