Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The Love Project Taking It To Work

"The rule for all of us is perfectly simple. Do not waste time bothering whether you "love" your neighbor; act as if you did. As soon as we do this, we find one of the great secrets. When you are behaving as if you love someone, you will presently come to love him. If you injure someone you dislike, you will find yourself disliking him more. If you do him a good turn, you will find yourself disliking him less." -C.S. Lewis

I have to admit I'm not too excited about this... There are two people in particular that are a challenge to be around. Both of whom are supposed to be at work tonight. However, as much as it's easy to love people who already love us, it is important, perhaps far more important to show love and to honestly love the people that don't love us. Didn't Jesus say to love our enemies and to love those who hate us? These two may not hate me or be my enemy, but we're not friends either. There is tension between us and it's far more stressful to work with them then anyone else.

So tonight I'm going to look for ways to show love, knowing that over time it will get easier and help me to actually love them. Hopefully my perspective will change and my attitude towards them will become more friendly, helpful and caring. The two people are also the two people that are the least liked at the whole store. Maybe change is starting here, within me. Who knows what will happen right? All I know is that tonight when I part from work I want my co-workers, bosses, and yes even guests to leaving knowing that I genuinely care about them.

I'll write more tonight about what happened and with at least a better game plan for work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment