Pages

Saturday, June 25, 2011

God is...

(The sky last October)
I just don't have words. I'm amazed and feel as if new life is being poured into me. It's easy to forget that God really does have everything under control. It's the difference between knowing God will take care of me and knowing God is taking care of me and will continue to take care of me.

On another note the Love Project is still going. Funny, but I realized this morning that my focus has been slipping. How is this funny? Ok maybe funny isn't the right word, how about ironic? I was trying to read my current favorite book, Practicing the Presence of God, and it just clicked, I haven't really been focusing on God. I've been focusing more on me and this one particular worry that has been weighing me down. I know that it is stressing me because whenever I get stressed I dream that one or most of my teeth are loose and eventually come out... I hate that dream! And this explains why the Love Project wasn't put into practice last night until the very end. However, once that change in mindset happened the night was infinitely better!

It's ironic because I was reading about focusing on God and realized that's what has been wrong with me today and yesterday. My relationship with my Savior Jesus Christ has been taking the back seat to nearly everything else, and He should be at the center! He's the reason that I've been changing. He's the reason that I have this peace, He's the reason why I want to love people- because HE LOVES THEM!

And now that things are getting back into their proper orders I can feel that new life being poured into me. I feel at peace. That worry that was weighing me down, I know is going to work out for our good and God is going to do His will. I just have to trust Him, to trust He's right here with me because well He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment