Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Love Project

 "I don't know that the Lord ever spoke of success. He spoke only of faithfulness in love. This is the only success that really counts." -Mother Teresa
I have never been so inspired as I am right now. I'm going to start learning how to love better and I know that sounds funny. Just stick with me here! You may or may not be familiar with the book, The Five Languages of Love by Gary Chapman, I ordered the version for singles sometime ago and it just arrived. (If you haven't figured out I've been gobbling down books lately!) Being eager to learn something new and better yet, to express my love for others more clearly, the book was read from cover-to-cover tonight.

Here's what it opened my eyes to:
1. My five brothers and I do not speak the same love language. (This explains part of the growing distance and separation we've experienced.)
2. My dad and I do not speak the same love language. (This is SO CLEAR.)
3. There are five languages:
Words of Affirmation
Physical Touch
Gifts
Quality Time
Acts of Service
4. I'm still unsure about my primary love language.
5. Most people have a primary language that they receive love in best
6. I think one of my managers may be gifts (she made me cookies one time); ironically she's also the one I think doesn't like me at all.
7. I can see how my co-workers have different primary love languages, this also explains a little why I like certain managers better and don't like one so much.
8. Since writing this list I've come to realize my first love language is Words of Affirmation.

So while this may all seem like gibberish, it means a whole lot to mean. I'll be making regular updates with how things are going. I'm pretty excited. This month's theme: love as Christ loves. (I had no idea about any of this when I wrote that on my calendar.) God is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment